School lunches - when are they FREE?
There are two reasons for children to receive a FREE LUNCH.
1. All infants, in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 receive a free lunch here.
2. Families where incomes are low can claim a free lunch. (In St. Mary's, you should always claim free lunches, if your income is low enough. This will also entitle you to free uniform and free trips, including residentials to Kingswood and Spain!)
Where to find help /how to claim;
- Telephone: 0300 123 7039 - If you apply by phone your entitlement can be confirmed straight away.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- website : https://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/education-and-learning/school-meals.aspx
If successful, your claim will be processed the same day. A letter of entitlement will be issued to you by the Council.
Claims cannot be backdated. Your claim will be renewed automatically, as they are periodically reviewed.
AGAIN, IF YOU'RE ELIGIBLE TO CLAIM FREE SCHOOL MEALS, DUE TO YOUR INCOME.....IN OUR SCHOOL, THAT MEANS YOU ALSO GET FREE UNIFORM, FREE DAY TRIPS AND FREE RESIDENTIALS TOO! SO MAKE SURE YOU CLAIM FREE SCHOOL MEALS!
Do I qualify for free school meals?
You may qualify if you are a parent, guardian or carer and receive one of the following:
- Income Support (IS) or you are a pupil receiving the benefit in your own right.
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed byHer Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit.
If your circumstances change. such as your child changes schools or leaves school; you change your address; you stop receiving any of the above benefits; or you commence receiving Working Tax Credit, it’s important that you let us know by contacting the School Meals Helpline.
- Telephone: 0300 123 7039.
The government are rolling out Universal Credit across the country. This page will be updated as necessary.